Statcounter

27 April 2022

Graphics Card

Graphics cards have finally fallen to reasonable prices as the chip shortage eases, so I went for a GeForce RTX 3060 which Nvidia recommended as an upgrade for my five year old 1060.

Will the power supply be sufficient? My CPU+GPU combination is here:

https://www.whatpsu.com/psu/cpu/Intel-Core-i7-7700/gpu/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3060

so my 500W PSU is good. 

Next concern: six socket power input, four pin plug. It seemed to only engage to the left? Correct!

Windows came up in an emergency low rez state. Whilst I pondered this the Nvidia driver was presumably reconfiguring since after a couple of minutes it returned with everything done.

My card has a configuration App for overclocking and so on.

So far, no problems. I've been tweaking games up to better graphics


No comments: